18 December 2019
Update from November 14th Annual General Meeting
The ERC 2019 Annual General Meeting was held on November 14th at the Burntsfield Hotel. Attendees participated in some lively and productive discussions. Key points are summarised below and a link to the meeting minutes is provided at the bottom of the page.
- Alan Dean has taken over the post of Road, Track & Time Trial Convenor from Rob Bloor. The club offered sincere thanks to Rob for his efforts of the last few years and also thanked Alan for taking on the role.
- The club offered special thanks to Jonny May for his many, many years of service as Club Secretary. Jonny stepped down earlier this year after relocating up north. Steve Canney has taken over the Club Secretary role.
- The club is looking to expand the Mountain Bike Section to better engage and support a wider variety of off-road cycling activities such as gravel riding and off-road adventure cycling. In the New Year we will be revising the Mountain Bike Discipline webpage to reflect this initiative. To be successful we really need club members to step up and support this effort. In addition to needing to fill the currently vacant Convenor post we also need MTB, gravel and adventure enthusiast to champion the effort by organising rides and sharing information via our webpage, Facebook and Twitter social media platforms. If you are interested please send make an enquiry via the Contact Page on the website.
- An increase in the subscription fees was agreed at the meeting except for the Youth section. However, please note this is the first increase since 2013. The 2020 fees will be:
Full member £30
5 Year Membership £120 (5 years for the price of 4)
- Minutes from the meeting can be viewed here https://drive.google.com/open?...